Well, we would be asked this question 5 years ago, and till now, it is still a big question from most new Amazon sellers. Shipping to Amazon Fba from China is a very common and profitable Amazon business strategy. It is not so complicated as it may sound but it is indeed a little more complex than asking the supplier to stick the FNSKU labeling on every item, and place both the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) shipment ID label and the carrier label (UPS, FedEx, or other) on a flat surface of the box.
Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) shipping
Amazon will not be responsible for or collect any duties, taxes or shipping costs associated with FBA inventory. All shipments are required to use Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), or sometimes referred to as “Free Domicile,” shipping terms. Any shipment arriving at an Amazon fulfillment center with collect charges, including any duties, taxes or shipping costs, will be refused without further concession.
So for most Amazon sellers, ship products directly from China to Amazon is not same as shipping a letter to USA, just by DHL or UPS is enough, need to use the Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) shipping so ship products directly from China to Amazon need more professional.
The option for shipping from China to Amazon FBA
Option 1: Ask the supplier to send the products from China to Amazon
Some suppliers will help you to send the products from China to Amazon FBA, of course they would not do that by themselves, must asking a third party FBA shipping to finish the shipment for you. This mode is the most worry-free, you just need to contact with your suppliers, they will finish the production, package and shipping job for you.
But because using the third-party shipping company, the entire transportation is not in the control of your suppliers, in order to avoid unexpected troubles, some suppliers will ask you to find professional FBA shipping company yourselves, which is understandable.
Option 2: Hire a professional FBA shipping company by yourselves
As mentioned before, sometimes manufacturers will ask you to find the FBA shipping company by yourselves, or you need to keep your business secrets, such like don’t want your suppliers to know your sales channels. Then you need to hire a professional FBA shipping company.
What’s the delivery time for shipping from China to Amazon FBA?
The delivery time is
- For the Amazon FBA in USA, Canada and Europe (include: UK, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain and Poland) : about 7-12 days for air freight or 25–30 days for sea freight.
- For the Amazon FBA in Japan: about 5–7 days for air freight or 10–15 days for sea freight.
- For the Amazon FBA in Australia: about 5–7 days for air freight
What do you need to tell the FBA shipping company?
- Basic information such as the full description of goods, material, use, net weight and No. of items etc.
- Delivery information such as your Amazon FBA address, your contact info
- The additional service you needed
Which payment methods are accepted?
- Telegraphic Transfer (T/T): Most FBA shipping company in China would ask client to send the payment to the boss or financial team personal bank account in China. If you must send to the business bank account of the FBA shipping company, you would be asked to pay for the tax.
- Western Union
- Alipay: belong the alibaba group, which is very pop in China
- Weixin Pay: belong the Tencent group, which is very pop in China too
- Paypal: The fee of PayPal is too high, PayPal will charge 4.4% + usd$0.30 as the transfer fee and usd$35 for every withdraw, it is too expensive for the FBA shipping company, so if you want to use PAYPAL to finish the payment, you would be asked to pay for the additional PayPal transfer fee at least. For example: if the amount of your shipping cost is $100, then you need to pay total: (100 + 0.3)/(100%-4.4%) = $104.92
- Credit card: PayPal can use the credit card to finish the payment, so if you want to use the credit card to finish the payment then you would be asked to pay the additional transfer fee as PayPal too
We accept the PAYPAL and Credit Card, but because of the high risk, if you want to use the credit card or PAYPAL to finish the payment, our financial team will send you the PayPal invoice so that you can use the PayPal to finish the payment. All the payment need to fit “PayPal Seller Protection“, else we will refund the payment and resend you a new PayPal invoice with additional usd$0.5 every new PayPal invoice.
Additional service list
- Consolidate Shipments: FBA shipping company can combine cargo from different suppliers and export them in one lot. So that you ca minimize the shipping expenses.
- Distribution Shipment: FBA shipping company can send your cargo to different FBA address if you need that.
- FNSKU Labeling Each item is required to have a unique FNSKU label, FBA shipping company can attach the label according to Amazon’s request.
- Amazon Shipment Label: Each box is required to have Amazon shipment label, FBA shipping company can attach these label according to Amazon’s request.
- Goods Check: FBA shipping company can help you to check the goods, include take photos, count.
- File Inserts: FBA shipping company can help you to add brand, marketing, instructions or feedback etc. inserts.
- Items Bundling: Bundling of units in a set.
- Repack Item
- Repack Cargo
- Short Term Warehouse
The workflow for shipping products directly from China to Amazon by the FBA shipping company you hired
- Contact with FBA shipping company: FBA shipping company will arrange one of sales follow your quote and jobs.
- Confirm goods info: Confirm shipping way, item detail, cartons dimensions, weight etc.
- Confirm services: Confirm the additional services you need, such like repack, labels, storage, consolidate etc.
- Initial offer: FBA shipping company will give you the price list base the info you support.
- Warehouse receiving: Notice your supplier to send your cargo to FBA shipping company warehouse
- Job before shipment: FBA shipping company will check your cargo and finish the addition services as you asked
- Final invoice: FBA shipping company will send you the final invoice file
- Confirm payment: FBA shipping company accounting will confirm your payment
- Delivery: FBA shipping company will send out your cargo, when the cargo arrive the target country, FBA shipping company will give you the waybill number so that you can track them
- The Amount in the final invoice file might have some difference with the quotation file, since the weight and package dimensions data your supplier tells you may different from the data the shipping company weighed before leaving the warehouse. At the same time, due to the time difference between the initial quotation and the shipment day, the unit price might be difference too.
The waybill number could not be used to check the status before the goods complete customs clearance process, when the goods be finished the customs clearance job, you can use the waybill number to check the status then.